Don’t tell the D.C., but we’ve sent one of the Triumvirate to do recon work and to promote Midwest beer and culture to the urbane urbanites over there. Godspeed Anthony and make sure that if you tweet your wiener, it’s just a Nathans. Seriously though, I wish him the best of luck with the next step of his journey. My only wish: to have enjoyed the Great Taste of the Midwest in Madison, WI before he left. Beer and Wisconsin always go together, but beer and Madison are a special match that exhausts the soul with exuberance. Wow! Now that I have that out of the way, let’s get on to some Suds.
- Tonight, don’t get lost in the Bermuda Triangle Tripel being released at the Bulldog in Lowertown.
- Here is a nice summary of the Great Taste.
- From Michigan? Looking for beer fests? We’ve got you covered.
- A little bit of Alaska enters the beer mecca that is Wisconsin, and I’m not talking about Sarah Palin’s America Tour.
- A rare collabeeration crosses the pond for an American debut.
- Nebraska Brewing Co. releases its Inception line of beers. Hopefully, I’m not just dreaming that I’m dreaming that I’m dreaming that I’m drinking it.
- It’s been a while since we’ve featured our favorite Madison establishment, but since Anthony is leaving us I felt it appropriate to give them a shout out. Hey Old Fashioned, this one’s for you. Cheese Plate!
- A nice review of a Chicago favorite, Half Acre’s Daisy Cutter.
Finally, I want to assure you that Anthony will still be writing and helping run the MwBC from his remote location on the East Coast. In fact, it should be interesting to get a look at Midwestern beer and culture as perceived by our nation’s capitol. Maybe, he can interview the president…
Until then, send us your thoughts because there is always more to be explored. Tweet @MidwestBeer or post on our Facebook page.