Last night, I hit up the Fulton Beer Dinner over at the Bulldog NE and enjoyed a flight of their beers paired with tasty, well-portioned eats. Among those eats I had my second memorable run-in with pork belly, an increasingly popular cut of pork akin to bacon. If you have the means (i.e. a good local butcher) I highly recommend getting a cut of pork belly and using it in my favorite recipe. In the mean time, check out this new installment of Brewing TV and crack open your favorite chocolate stout–a Rush River Nevermore is a good option.
- Tonight at the Pig & Fiddle in Minneapolis is the Tallgrass Beer Dinner. Check out the menu here and make your reservations.
- Tomorrow, don’t miss the Summit Beer Dinner at Seasons Tavern in Hudson, WI for a decidedly Midwestern experience.
- For Chicagoans, Summit Brewing is taking over the taps at Burger Bar tomorrow.
- University of Minnesota’s TCF Bank is the first stadium in the Big Ten to allow the sale of alcohol. Wisconsin, wha happened?
- Capital Brewery achieves Green Tier status. The way green beer should be. Kudos!
- What do Schlafy Brewing and the universe have in common? They are expanding!
- Check out What’s On Tap in Indiana.
- Iowa’s Craft Beer Festival is coming up in May. Support good beer and get your tickets today!
Want to write for the MwBC? Submit a sample of your writing to email@example.com!