Once again, it’s the film awards season and you know what that means. No, not a group of self-congratulatory celebrities basking in the smugness of a George Clooney acceptance speech. Rather Ricky Gervais’ roast of every one he sees in the audience as he hosted the Golden Globes.
Beyond creating and producing hit series after hit series on TV, Gervais’ award show irreverence has solidified him as one of today’s best comedians. His style is as dry as a Surly Smoke and just as delectable. He has gotten a lot of heat for working over the Hollywood elite in the past two years, but has transformed the flak into a brilliant new show on BBC 2 called “Life’s Too Short.”
Now for Suds:
- Vine Park Brewing has a deal so good it will make your stomach Growl.
- Speaking of growlers, Barley John’s wants to fill you up, twice.
- Didn’t get tickets to Winterfest in St. Paul? You can win a pair by telling them why you craft beer.
- Beer Here! Experimental flavors, a bold product.
- A great recap of Brrr Fest in Iowa.
- Here’s a nice article on Decatur, Michigan’s Patchwork Brewing Co.
- Minneapolis is getting it’s first Taproom in 76 years. Thanks again Prohibition.
- Fingers crossed, Wisconsin homebrewers will be able to bring their brew out of their home.
- All of you Founder’s KBS fans, it’s coming soon!
Fact: George Washington had his own brewhouse on the grounds of Mount Vernon.