It’s a great day to be from Wisconsin: the most storied football team in the country has brought the national championship home to Green Bay. Even though I am a proud Minnesotan, my Badger ties allow me to find joy in the Packers’ victory. Maybe President Obama’s beer choice for his Super Bowl party had something to do with it. For today’s Suds let’s crack open a Green Bay favorite, Hinterland’s Maple Bock, and enjoy the sweet taste of victory.
How about some beer news?
– Online tickets for Michigan’s Mock Winter Festival are sold out, but you may still be able to get your tickets today.
– If you’re looking for something else to do in the Twin Cities, RSVP to the Summit beer dinner at the Liffey in St. Paul.
– A beer called Pork Soda? The release of this collaboration beer from Goose Island and Chef Jared Wentworth is happening at Longman & Eagle in Chicago.
– Become a Polar Bear, get your tickets today.
– Coors Banquet Beer is sporting a retro look. My dad was telling me that they could only get Coors original once every year because they needed a refrigerated truck to bring it to the Midwest.
– And finally, Harriet Brewing is officially open for business in Minneapolis.
Need more than just suds? Follow us on Twitter (@MidwestBeer) and on Facebook. If you have something on your mind, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.