March has arrived and brings with a lot of good news for craft beer in the Midwest. Beer festivals are happening all over this weekend so let’s dive right into today’s edition of Suds. Let’s crack open a Capital Brewery Mai Bock, winner of the gold medal for bock beer in the 2010 US Open Beer Championship.
– Speaking of bocks, check out Bockfest in Cinncinatti, Ohio. A day of goats and German beer.
– If you can’t make it to Bockfest, have no fear Glass City Beerfest is here.
– With all the snow this winter, let’s take advantage of it. Michigan has the right idea. http://www.boyne.com/BoyneHighlands/AnnualEvents/BrewskiFestival.html
– Michigan is also hosting the Fort Wayne’s Premier Brewfest. Get your tickets now.
– For our friends in Minnesota, the Happy Gnome’s Firkin Fest is right around the corner.
– Sorry Chicago, the cask ale fest is sold out, but this society will let you know about any upcoming events.
– Anybody interested in beer and aviation? Then the Hops and Props fest is for you.
– Here’s a nice article on the Great Dane Brew Pub, a Madison classic.
– And finally, here’s an update on Goose Island’s Big John and Fleur.
Love Suds? Want more? Become a Voyageurtoday by subscribing to the Midwest Beer Collective. Visit us on Twitter at MidwestBeer or e-mail us at email@example.com.