I took my first listen to the Strokes new album, “Angles,” yesterday and I’m not sure what to think about it. One thing’s for sure, I definitely wanted more than 34 minutes after 5 years of waiting. Mac Wilson from 89.3 the Current gave an interesting review of the album that talks about the Strokes influence on other bands and vice versa. Crack open a Founders Brewing Breakfast Stout and take a listen to the album for yourself.
– It’s one day away from Happy Gnome’s much anticipated Firkin Fest. Tickets are still available, get yours now.
– A couple days late, but Lake Bluff Brewing Co. opened its doors this week. Swing by and get yourself a growler of the good stuff.
– Minnesota Wild pre-game party at Great Waters Brewing in St. Paul.
– Find out what’s on tap at Rockford’s Carlyle Brewing Co. this weekend.
– New seasonal beers from Revolution and Half-Acre Brewing. (3/16)
– New Glarus honored as a great Wisconsin Small Business. Well deserved.
– Dark Lord Day has sold over 6,000 tickets and is still going strong. Be there for this.
– Man charged in a DWI case is jailed for drinking beer at his trial. No wonder the judge jailed him, he was drinking Busch Light.
– Catch up with the Part-Time Monk on his blog and see how 40 days of beer is going.
Need more than just Suds? Follow us on Twitter (@midwestbeer) and Facebook, or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org