There has been a lot of commotion in the craft beer world in the last week due to the purchase of Goose Island by Anheuser-Busch. Our Chicago resident, Anthony, will be making an official statement on the issue later today, so stayed tuned. But for now let’s focus on something else: namely, beards.
This last Sunday my good friend Jake and I had the distinct pleasure of attending the 2nd Annual Minnesota Beard Off at the Turf Club in St. Paul. There, we were inspired, awed and a little frightened at times (a lumberjack brought a real double-sided ax to the contest) by the mustaches, partial-beards, free-style beards and full-beards that made up the competition. Sit back and sip on an Ale Asylum Contorter Porter and get a little beer mustache of your own.
– The state of Michigan takes offense to Flying Dog’s brew.
– This video of Ale Asylum’s packaging line is almost mesmerizing.
– Check out what’s going on at Milwaukee Ale House this week.
– Fulton Beer Co. is getting set to open in Minneapolis.
– Metropolitan Brewing Co. is hosting a beer dinner at Matilda in Chicago.
Need more than just Suds? Follow us on Twitter (@midwestbeer), Facebook or just shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.