And we’re back! Thanks for your patience everyone, it was a wonderful and much-needed road trip to the East Coast. Anthony was right, D.C. is a bit of beer desert: they just got New Belgium Fat Tire. It’s great to be back in the Midwest where the beer is plenty and flavor is never lacking, so let’s get right back into Suds. Crack open a Surly Bender and enjoy!
– First, the gentlemen and scholars at Upland Brewing Co. have a great event coming this Saturday. Here are the lip-puckering details:
“Upland is hosting a reception on October 22nd from 3-6pm at its Bloomington Brew Pub to celebrate the release of its new sour ale, Sour Reserve. Participants will be able to sample all eight of Upland’s fruited lambics, along with Dantalion Dark Wild Ale and Sour Reserve. The reception will also feature paired cheeses and hors d’oeuvres , plus an opportunity to meet with Upland’s brewers. Tickets are $30 each and limited to 100. They are available at Upland’s Bloomington Brew Pub, Indy Tasting Room, and online at http://sourreception.eventbrite.com.”
– My favorite pub in St. Paul, The Muddy Pig, is having a Belgian Ale Fest. Check out the exceptional selection here.
– While the MwBC is still disappointed in them, Goose Island does make really nice specialty beers.
– Chicago claims five medals at GABF. Well done. –
– Don’t miss Detroit’s Beer Fest. Get your tickets now!
There’s no place like home. And no brew like homebrew. Tell us about your latest batch by tweeting @MidwestBeer or posting a photo on our Facebook.