Today is Give to the Max Day in Minnesota, an event that asks Minnesotans to donate to a charity of their choice. After many forwarded e-mails and friends asking me to go to the GiveMN.org website and find a charity to donate to, I began searching through their online lists. What I found was an astounding number of non-profits with bold mission statements to help different sectors of society. I landed on a non-profit that an old friend works for and decided to donate. It felt good, but it also is making me want to do more than just throw a few bucks at an organization: it makes me want to get involved.
Go to GiveMN.org today and find a program or organization you support. Give!
Now crack open a Finnegan’s Irish Amber and give a little more as 100% of the profits go to charity and let’s get to Suds.
– Great Waters Beer Dinner is tonight in St. Paul. Enter for your chance for a free ticket.
– Snow’s a-coming to the Midwest, but for Minnesotans that means the Beer Dabbler is just around the corner.
– Hungry for trivia and thirsty for beer? Trivia Mafia has you covered.
– Untappd is a great invention and plus using it can get you to Belgium.
– Speaking of Belgium, here is a nice article on Monastic beers.
– Small Iowan brewers must be related to Huckleberry Finn. They delivered their beer by floating down the river.
– Two Brothers five course dinner is coming up soon. Get your tickets today!
– Check out what’s happening next at Upland Brewing with their event calendar.
Want to write for the Midwest Beer Collective? Visit our Submissions page for details.