I recently visited a pub in St. Paul this weekend that will remain nameless and ordered a Finnegans Irish Amber. When the waitress came back I felt the sting of disappointment in seeing my Irish Amber in a clear plastic cup. At first, I checked myself for exhibiting an acute case of beer snobbery, but upon further thought I concluded that this was a serious and valid misgiving shared by a fellow beer drinker at the table. Beer, especially craft beer, needs a glass home. I stumbled across this article of different brewers contemplating craft beer in plastic cups.
– Surly Smoke release dinner at the Red Stag Supper Club in Minneapolis. The menu looks fantastic.
– Festivus is here at Town Hall Brewery! Time to drink and display your feats of strength
– God begets man. Man begets Tebow. Tebow begets Tebrew. I mean, whoa!
– Just another reason MPR is possibly the best public radio in the nation. What, me biased? No way.
– Minnesota fans of Goose Island’s limited Bourbon County series might not be happy after reading this. Complex issue, certainly.
– A few Midwestern brews crack the Philadelphia Post’s top 12 beers of Christmas. Props to Michigan and Ohio.
– Encouraging news from the guys at Mother’s Brewing Co.
Looking for holiday (beer) gift ideas? Tweet @MidwestBeer for suggestions.