Music is a big part of my life both in the form of listening and playing, so finding sources for new bands and albums is always in the front of my mind. One of the best websites that I have been frequenting this past year is Daytrotter. If you don’t know anything about Daytrotter, it is an organization that invites reputable and relatively unknown musicians to record live sessions that are posted on their website.
But beyond that, Daytrotter features original artwork for each musician and a foreword written specifically for and about the music session. It’s a cultural collective we have tried to emulate with our blog and one that does a great justice to the role of music, writing, and art in our society. Check out today’s featured video of Dawes and pair it with a Tallgrass Velvet Rooster for a wonderfully relaxing time.
– Lagunitas Beer Dinner at Stanley’s Bar Room in Northeast Minneapolis tomorrow night.
– Mysterious offerings from Town Hall Brewery. Thanks for the heads up MNBeer.com
– The Beer Man reviews Michigan’s Frankenmuth Brewery’s Munich-Style Dunkel. Find out what he thinks here.
– Traverse City Winter Microbrew and Music Fest tickets are on sale now. This fest is quickly becoming a favorite in the great state of Michigan, so make sure you make it there.
– Learn to brew in true Midwestern style–on a frozen lake–with O’so Brewing Company’s Annual Polar Brew on Ice this Saturday.
– Pearl Street Brewery in Lacrosse, Wisconsin is offering a FREE growler to the first 50 Winter Ball Attendees through the door. Beer there or beer square.
– Half Acre Brewing Company is releasing their new brown ale, The Hammer, The Bullet & The Vise, this Friday.
– The Chicago Beer Society will be meeting once again at The Map Room, “Chicago’s premier beer bar” next Wednesday.
–Domaine DuPage and free pints glasses from Two Brothers? Yes, please.
Love writing and beer? So do we, that’s why we created the MwBC, but let’s make this a real collective. Submit an article, essay, or original artistic work for publication on the Midwest Beer Collective.