Last night, Wisconsin’s own, Bon Iver, pulled in two Grammy awards including one inexplicably for Best New Artist. Apparently the Grammys didn’t hear about For Emma, Forever Ago back in 2007! On a side note, Mumford and Sons are still being nominated for Grammys from their 2010 release Sigh No More.
Bon Iver’s second award was for Best Alternative Album, an award that wasn’t aired on the main broadcast. In typical Vernon fashion, his acceptance speech was humble and quintessentially Midwestern seeming painfully out of place among the glitz and glamour of the Billboard elite. Crack open a Wisconsin staple and MwBC favorite, Schlitz, and check it out yourself.
– Bell’s Hopslam arrives in Minnesota! Find out the location nearest you that received six-packs.
– Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Town Hall Brewery and fall in love with beer all over again.
– Indiana’s Sun King releases their Isis Imperial IPA in cans this month.
– Interesting debate on whether Fabiano Bros., a Michigan beer and wine distributor, is a monopoly in need of busting or not.
– Southern Michigan Winter Beer Festival returns on March 10. Get your tickets before they sell out.
– Steven’s Point Brewery will release Point Three Kings Ale this spring.
– Indeed Brewing Company, Minneapolis’ newest brewery, is set to open this summer.
– Tickets for Firkin Fest at The Happy Gnome are on sale now. Get yours before they sell out.
– The Blind Pig Co. in Champaign, IL will be tapping a cask conditioned firkin of Two Brothers Northwind Imperial Stout this Friday.
What is your favorite Bon Iver song? Tweet @MidwestBeer #BonnyBearRocks with your answer.