Today marks the birthday of a man that brought a smile to most of faces growing up. You probably wouldn’t recognize him by a photo or by his real name, Theodor Geisel, but here’s a hint: he doesn’t like green eggs and ham and he knows a cat that wears a goofy looking hat. Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! Thanks for all of the great childhood memories. Check out this great gallery in Minneapolis that has a special Dr. Seuss art collection on display and crack open a Gumballhead from 3 Floyds, who are like the dark, heavy-metal Dr. Seuss of the craft brewing world.
Now for some Suds:
– Schell’s Brewing Company taps a special firkin tonight at Patrick’s in St. Peter, MN.
– Good news for the Madison culinary scene: Underground Kitchen is close to finding a new home.
– Lucid Brewing secures a tap at Senser’s in Roseville. Come by and celebrate tonight.
– Spring must be just around the corner because I am smelling the Bedlam!
– Mother’s Brewing is embarking on a project to recreate ancient brews and will be tapping a firkin of cocoa nib, vanilla bean and coffee stout tonight. Whoa!
– Speaking of stouts, Lift Bridge will be releasing their Irish Stout on March 10. Get your tickets to the release party today.
– Thr3e Wise Men Brewing is undergoing a major expansion. Get the details of what it means to Indiana here.
Need more Suds! So do we, tweet @MidwestBeer for beer recommendations or let us know what you’re drinking right now.