Andrew Bird is an eccentric fellow, who has continued to evolve musically over countless studio and live albums. His music is more of a family tree than a discography, each song passing down traits to Bird’s re-conceptions. Even the long-lost brother that was Andrew Bird’s Bowl of Fire and its gypsy fiddling has come back into the family with a beautiful mixing of Sweetbreads and Dark Matter into Sweetmatter. His latest offering, Break It Yourself, is in direct lineage of Noble Beast and Zephyrus; a flighty collection of songs with whimsical violin flourishes appearing throughout. Crack open a Half Acre Gossamer from Andrew’s hometown and take a listen to “Eyeoneye.”
Now for Suds:
– Another nice review of Summit’s new Dunkelweizen. I see a growler of it in my fridge in the near future.
– Did you try to get your hands on some Founders KBS at the release party with no luck? Check out what Founders has to say about it.
– Grand Rapids Brewing Co. is making a comeback in Michigan. Maybe they’ll make the tournament next year.
– New Belgium to enter Michigan this August.
– Ol’ Blarney makes it in time for St. Patrick’s Day at Town Hall.
– Another landmark bill for craft beer in Minnesota tries to make it through.
– Wonder where your Bud Light came from? Me neither, but if you are interested I guess there’s a website.
– Lakefront Brewery and Leinenkugel’s team up again for a collabeeration.
“You’re fuckin’ Andrew Bird!” – Drunken Fan “True Statement”- Andrew Bird
What’s your favorite Andrew Bird story? Tweet (Get it? Get it?) @MidwestBeer.