Form. Function. Design. Bicycling is truly a thing of beauty. From retro-rebuilds to bamboo bikes, biking exemplifies an overall artistic experience. The other day I was at the Art Institute of Chicago (take some time and check out the Lichtenstein retrospective, will ya?) and I came across the book Velo: Bicycle Culture and Design.
While you’re admiring these wheels, why not consider commuting to work via bicycle? Or perhaps just to the grocery store? In honor, grab a Fixed Gear from Lakefront and let’s get to Suds.
–Beer lunch? This is a novel concept to me that I can see myself really enjoying.
-Way too cool: Simple Earth Hops Harvest Brewfest.
–Best tap handle ever? Best tap handle ever. I really love the bowling ball, really ties the whole thing together.
-I just love this picture: Abbey Brewing Project at Northern Brewer.
–New Glarus production up 10 percent. I only see good things here.
–Steer the course, Lagunitas, Chicago wants you to come home.
-Finally, we haven’t implored you to go to the Old Fashioned in a really long time. So go to the Old Fashioned and drink one of their 150 Wisconsin beers.
It had been a while since I went to an art museum when Anthony visited the Cities and we walked through the Weisman and the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. I thought back on all the museums I had been over the years and considered which was my favorite: Philadelphia, MOMA, MIA, Walker Art Center? But it was the Art Institute of Chicago that continually came to the forefront of my mind, Ferris Bueller and all. Check out there newest exhibition, “Light Years: Conceptual Art and the Photograph 1964-1977.”
– St. Cloud Craft Beer Expo is coming this weekend. Get tickets here!
– Good beer has made it a week early to St. Cloud with Boulder Tap House’s Grand Opening today! Burgers and pints galore.
– I checked these awesome commercials from Breckenridge Brewing Co. again today–still as funny as ever.
– Half Acre and Perennial Artisan Ales are going to Plan B. Don’t know what Plan A is, but I doubt it could be better.
– Arrowhead Restaurant and Bar in Wheaton is putting on a beer dinner with Finch Brewing Co.
– St. Paul’s Winter Beer Dabbler is right around the corner, so jump on it like Kemo Sabe and get tickets today.
– For all the heartbroken Wisconsinites out there, the Isthmus Beer and Cheese Fest is this next weekend, the perfect remedy for those post-season blues.
– Witches Hat Brewpub’s newest brew was a big hit in Michigan.
– Midwestern pride for a Midwestern brewery. People’s Brewing Company’s brews are “Made in Lafayatte.”
What will be the next biggest brewing company of 2012? We want to hear from you. Tweet @MidwestBeer or hit us up on Facebook.